This Interpreting and Translation course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) will prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career in the language services industry. It’s taught by high-level, experienced interpreters who are professionally active.
On this practical and varied course, we use a range of techniques to provide you with a learning experience which is both stimulating and professionally realistic (including our renowned multilingual mock conferences). Interpreter training takes place in one of our two conference interpreting suites; you’ll benefit from using two different simultaneous interpreting systems which are both commonly used at international conferences.
This course will equip you with the advanced skills and knowledge you need to become a professional interpreter and/or translator.
These skills are in high demand and will enable you to pursue a successful career in the UK and overseas working for multinational corporations, local and national governments, educational institutions, language service providers and other organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Interpreting and Translation
- Applied IT for Translation
- Professional Business Skills
- Extended Translation Project
- Advanced Business Interpreting
- Conference Translation
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Consecutive Interpreting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 116 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least 2:2 degree in related subject
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience
- A bilingual interview may be necessary as part of the application
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of at least 6.5 with 6.0 in writing or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.