The Agronomy, Horticulture, and Plant Science Department is an integrated department that includes programs in crop production, entomology, horticulture, plant biotechnology, plant breeding, plant pathology, precision farming, soils, water management, and weed science.
The primary goals of the department are to conduct research in these areas, to transmit the results to the public, and to help prepare students for an occupation in these disciplines and to become productive members of a community.
Departmental diversity encourages collaborations among disciplines and research programs that support this graduate training.
This Plant Science at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in agriculture, biology, botany, horticulture, agriculture, environmental science, natural resources, or other related field
- Have a strong interest in advancing the field of plant science
- Want to lead research in the lab and out in the field
- Can think critically and creatively about complex problems
- Agricultural consultant (domestic or international)
- Agricultural chemical researcher or sales manager
- Commercial crop or greenhouse manager
- Food processing scientist
- Plant biotechnologist
- Plant breeder
- Plant industry or biofuels researcher
- Plant-pest protection specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Plant Science Graduate Seminar
- Approved Electives
- Master’s Research Problems/Projects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
or 32 credit hrs
DisciplinesPlant & Crop Sciences View 108 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students must be accepted by an advisor before admission is granted.
- GRE: Recommended, but not required
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificate, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin.
- Master’s degree applicants must have an approved Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (except in approved/accelerated programs).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 647 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.