Our emphasis is on ‘learning by doing’. Working in our newsrooms, you’ll use industry-standard equipment and workflows, learning how to produce and present stories, reports, interviews and packages for digital, television and radio platforms.
You’ll experience live location reporting, voice and presentation training, filming and editing while getting to grips with the digital and social media skills the industry demands. Work placements are a core element of the programme and we’ll also equip you with a thorough, rigorous understanding of media law, public administration and ethics.
Why study with us
We have more than 30 years' experience of successfully teaching and training postgraduate journalists ensuring you benefit from a huge network of supportive alumni, working throughout the industry.
You’ll be taught by former and current journalists, who will share a wealth of knowledge and skills with you.
Experience live newsdays, producing and reporting for radio, television and online/digital.
As it focuses on developing a wide range of desirable skills and practices, MA Multimedia Journalism enables you to successfully compete within a broad range of jobs and opportunities.
Our former students enjoy successful careers as journalists within the mainstream media as well as related opportunities within marketing, PR, Communications and many other related careers.
The Multimedia Journalism course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has a reputation for producing employable and talented broadcast/multimedia journalists – with graduates working across BBC radio and television, ITV Granada, Sky News and Sport and of course throughout commercial radio stations across the country.
accredited by the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multimedia Content
- Media Law and Regulation
- Reporting Politics
- The Newsroom
- Professional Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 147 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants usually require minimum 2:1 or an equivalent overseas qualification in any subject. Candidates with a lower classification will be considered if we are suitably impressed by the candidate’s potential.
- Applicants will need a very good standard of written English and in normal circumstances, a good speaking voice
- Applications with non-standard qualifications or relevant work experience and to show knowledge or enthusiasm and commitment which may be demonstrated by a record of relevant work experience
- Candidates are required to submit a formal UCLan application form as well as a supplementary exercise
- The focus of the course is the UK broadcast industry, and includes UK law and public administration
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.