Our emphasis is on ‘learning by doing’. Working in our newsrooms, you’ll use industry-standard equipment and workflows, learning how to produce and present stories, reports, interviews and packages for digital, television and radio platforms.
During the Broadcast Journalism course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) , you’ll experience live location reporting, voice and presentation training, filming and editing while getting to grips with the digital and social media skills the industry demands. Work placements are a core element of the programme and we’ll also equip you with a thorough, rigorous understanding of media law, public administration and ethics.
As it focuses on developing a wide range of desirable skills and practices, MA Multimedia Journalism enables you to successfully compete within a broad range of jobs and opportunities.
Our former students enjoy successful careers as journalists within the mainstream media as well as related opportunities within marketing, PR, Communications and many other related careers.
The Multimedia Journalism course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has a reputation for producing employable and talented broadcast/multimedia journalists – with graduates working across BBC radio and television, ITV Granada, Sky News and Sport and of course throughout commercial radio stations across the country.
Accredited by the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Broadcast Journalism Production
- Reporting News
- Media Law and Regulation
- Reporting Politics
- Professional Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 147 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree: Applicants require 2:1 or 1:1 or an equivalent overseas qualification in related subject such as English or Politics or a foreign language
- Applicants will need a very good standard of written English and in normal circumstances, a good speaking voice
- Applications with non-standard qualifications or relevant work experience and to show knowledge or enthusiasm and commitment which may be demonstrated by a record of relevant work experience
- Candidates are required to submit a formal UCLan application form as well as a supplementary exercise
- The focus of the course is the UK broadcast industry, and includes UK law and public administration
- IELTS: Score of 7.5 or equivalent in all four elements of reading or writing or speaking and listening
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.