Our course will develop and enhance your business management knowledge and skills. It’s completely taught within the sports context, by staff with sports management and consultancy experience.
Our strong philosophy for this Sports Business Management programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is that it’s intellectually and academically stimulating, but also clearly focused on the vocational needs of the sports industry.
Our Sports Business Management programme will prepare you for a career in the industry within a private, commercial, public or voluntary sector in a range of management and academic roles.
Our graduates have gone on enjoy successful careers in high profile sports organisations. Here are just a few examples:
- Media Marketing Manager at Manchester United Football Club
- Regional Events Officer (North West) at British Cycling
- Regional Sports Co-ordinator (West Midlands) at British Colleges Sport
- Head of Marketing at Swiss Cycling
- Junior Planning & Insight Manager at McCann Erickson
This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Practice of Sports Marketing
- Sport Business and Strategic Thinking
- Sport Operations and Legal Aspects of Sport Business
- Sport Economics and Finance
- Professional Development for Sport
- Dissertation for Sport
- Research Methods for Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sports Management Sports Sciences View 878 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 degree or equivalent professional experience or learning in a related field
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and can be excepted whether they have experience in the sports industry or not
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.