Considerable latitude in coursework is allowed to tailor a program to a student’s interest. While the training of most students is largely directed to a single discipline represented within one of the participating departments, cross-discipline training is available.
Generally, identification of a major professor with resources to support the student’s thesis project is required for unconditional acceptance into the program. Therefore, interested persons should make application for program admission well in advance of the anticipated date of enrollment.
Please refer to each departmental section for a listing of the graduate faculty and details regarding the areas of study offered in this program. Inquiries should be made directly to the department representing the discipline of interest.
This is a collaborative graduate program leading to the master’s program in Biological Sciences at South Dakota State University. Departments that cooperate in the program are the Departments of Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering; Agronomy, Horticulture, & Plant Science; Biology & Microbiology; Dairy & Food Science; Natural Resource Management; and Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences. Specializations and emphases are available in the following areas:
- Biology Specialization
- Dairy Science Specialization
- Food Science Specialization
- Microbiology Specialization
- Natural Resource Management Specialization
- Veterinary Microbiology Emphasis
- Veterinary Pathology Emphasis
- Design and manage efficient food production systems
- Natural resource management and conservation
- Laboratory research
- Product development
- Quality control and food safety
- Human, animal and plant health
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research/Design Paper
- Coursework only
- Coursework only (Professional)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
30/32 credit hours
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 868 other Masters in Biology in United States
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificate, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin.
- Master’s degree applicants must have an approved Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (except in approved/accelerated programs).
- GRE: Not a general requirement, but individual departments may require GRE
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 647 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.