The Emergency Preparedness courses will equip you with the essential public health skills needed to prepare for and prevent disasters, assess risk and communicate with both organizations and general populations alike. It will also help prepare you to make informed decisions and take action to aid in the recovery process.
Upon completion of the program at Benedictine University you will be able to:
- Coordinate or implement programs and plans related to emergency preparedness, response, and/or recovery
- Assist states or communities to plan and implement community development programs for emergency and disaster management
- Assist with the development of educational and training materials for disaster-relief initiatives
- Provide summaries and progress reports to senior level management and program directors
- Provide support to law enforcement, fire safety services and other public safety agencies that deal with disaster planning
Why Choose Benedictine Online?
- By earning your Emergency Preparedness Certificate online at Benedictine, you will receive all the benefits that Benedictine offers with its rich history spanning more than 127 years of academic excellence
- Join an established program that is the second largest of its kind in Illinois
- Complete your coursework according to your own schedule with our fully online, interactive format
- Earn the same respected credential as students in the traditional, on-campus program
- Get help from your personal full-time advisor when you need it
Benedictine University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles & Practices of Emergency Response and Recovery
- Psychology and Sociology of Disasters
- Hazard Assessment & Preparedness
- Disaster Management in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Emergency & Disaster Management View 47 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All documents submitted become property of Benedictine University and may not be returned.
- Students transferring an I-20 should read the I-20 Transfer Policy in the Benedictine University Academic Catalog. Please note important requirements regarding course enrollment dates, full-time enrollment and vacation term eligibility.
- Students who are not able to obtain official academic documents due to extenuating circumstances such as conflict or natural disaster may be eligible for an Official Transcript Waiver. Please see the Benedictine University Academic Catalog for more information.
- International students studying on an F visa and are not enrolling in language training must demonstrate English Proficiency per the requirements of SEVP.
International10050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.