The South Dakota Master of Public Health (MPH) online degree program is a collaborative degree offering of South Dakota State University (SDSU) and the University of South Dakota (USD). SDSU and USD draw on their strengths addressing the healthcare needs of rural communities and focus the MPH curricula on rural public health, creating a distinct national and regional identity for the Public Health (online) program at South Dakota State University.
The MPH degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership and practice in public health.
Graduates with an MPH degree have a broad range of career options in the public, private, education, and non-profit sectors. Public health professionals may work in health departments, hospitals, higher education, government agencies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and many other organizations.
- Health Educator/Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Care Administrator
- Public Health Nurse
- Research Coordinator
- Community Health Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Public Health Theory and Practice (COM)
- Public Health Applied Practice Experience
- Public Health Integrative Learning Experience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 366 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Online tuition fees: $470.45 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.