Financial markets have become turbulent and face increasing regulatory pressures today. The diversity and complexity of financial contracts and financial reporting – be it for corporate world or investment management applications – require specialised in-depth knowledge of financial theory coupled with sound accounting principles.
The combination of accounting and finance offers you a comprehensive view of how to ensure financing and manage assets in global financial markets, as well as how international accounting practices and regulations help secure sustainable businesses and continued trust from all stakeholders.
The combination of accounting and finance together with governance and commercial law will give you a comprehensive view of:
- managing assets in global financial markets with multiple sources of risk
- measuring, creating, and managing corporate value
- analyzing profitability and value creation of businesses
- international accounting practices and regulations
- securing sustainable business practices and continued trust from all stakeholders
Future career opportunities
- have the skills to measure and manage business risk
- know how to secure sustainable financing
- be able to apply asset valuation and investment management principles
- analyse profitability and value creation of businesses
- understand international accounting practices and regulations
- understand the importance of credible financial reporting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTracks: You have the opportunity to choose from three tracks, including several electives that offer flexibility within the studies::
- a solid understanding of fundamental theories in financial economics
- learning how financial markets function and how they influence the allocation of resources in a global economy
- knowledge and skills in asset valuation, pricing and management of risk, wealth management, derivative pricing, and corporate finance
- how sustainable business is formed and maintained
- how accounting regulation can support sustainability
- how accounting regulation and practices support profitability and growth structures of businesses
Governance and Commercial Law
- how legal restrictions and regulations shape existing business
- how taxation impacts different types of businesses
- hard and soft principles by which corporations are governed
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 11 other Masters in Finance in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor degree:
- Language requirements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.