Innovations in animal science contribute to improved management, growth, efficiency, health, and performance of livestock. Discovering new knowledge in animal nutrition, reproduction, and growth, as well as meat science requires a strong background in the sciences.
With our multi-disciplinary approaches towards production efficiency, product enhancement, and natural resources management, our graduate students gain strong skill sets.
Faculty and graduate students are actively involved in basic and/or applied research in the fields of nutrition, reproductive physiology, muscle biology, animal breeding, meat science, and animal production.
Graduates of our Animal Science program at South Dakota State University see career options unfold in a diverse and growing range of employment areas, from animal-related industries to biotechnology and food product development. Many graduate students devise their own research, or partner with faculty in our many facilities and laboratories, to solve the challenges of 21st century animal agriculture and environmental stewardship.
- Feedlot operator
- Nutrition consultant
- Livestock production manager
- Product development researcher
- Reproductive physiologist
- Research scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ruminant Nutrition
- Advanced Selection of Domestic Animals
- Advanced Physiology of Reproduction
- Protein and Energy Nutrition
- Monogastric Nutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 131 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.