Both master's degree programmes in Petroleum Geosciences at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) extends over two academic years (4 semesters) and constitutes a course load of 120 ECTS credits.
- There are great work opportunities within the traditional as well as the future oil industry.
- Possible work places include Norwegian and international oil companies, consultancy firms and service providers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seismic Wave Propagation
- Applied Computer Methods in Petroleum Science
- Reservoir Recovery Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 6 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Norway
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.