You acquire skills in analysis of dance as bodily movement, aesthetic expression, tradition and interpretation of music.
The Nordic Master in Dance Studies (NO-MA-DS) programme from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has intensive periods of teaching and academic supervision. Hence, you do not have to move to Trondheim in order to be a student of the Master’s programme. In order to attend the intensive periods of teaching, we recommend short stays at NTNU and at the cooperating institutions.
- Master of Arts in Dance Studies will be relevant for building a career related dance in teaching at many levels, different public sectors in governmental organizations.
- This may include policy and planning for dance as part of cultural policies and safeguarding actions in ministries and institutions which work with various aspects of dance, both locally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Possible topics for a Master's thesis in Dance Studies
- Ethnographies on traditional dance
- Ethnographies on theatrical dance environments
- Dancing children
- Didactics of Dance teaching
- Processes of artistic dance creation
- Study of dance events
- Movement analysis of dance material
- Ethnographic and fieldwork methodologies
- Dance in community
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.