The Master of Science in Natural Resources Management at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is especially designed to give the students an understanding of the importance of management for sustainable use of natural resources, an understanding of the connections and the ability to communicate between different disciplines and actors.
Natural resources provide mankind with important ecosystem services such as:
- clean water
- biological resources in terrestrial, aquatic and marine ecosystems which are essential for the survival and development of mankind.
However, the increasing demands for these natural resources due to the growth of the human population combined with the decrease of the finite resources urgently calls for a sustainable management of these resources. Such management requires an interdisciplinary approach encompassing in-depth knowledge about specific resources as well as a holistic perspective, including ecological, economic and social aspects. It also requires a strong ability to communicate in order to establish dialogues between the different disciplines involved as well as between the stakeholders, and a good understanding of the connections between these different actors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Natural Resources Management
- Genetics and Evolution
- Community Ecology and Eco Systems
- Corporate Responsibility and Ethics
- GIS Data Capture and Mapping
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Norway
- A first degree (bachelor's) in a relevant field
- English proficiency
- Proof of financing for non-EU / non-EEA citizens
- All programmes require an average grade of C or better on the ECTS scale
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.