Natural gas is being used extensively for domestic heating, in chemical industries, and power generation. Natural gas is an environmental friendly alternative to coal.
The main challenges with natural gas are generally:
- the large distances between the production and consumption
- much of the remaining resources are in sensitive environments
- carbon dioxide is emitted to the atmosphere from the combustion of it.
A two-year international full-time degree Master of Science in Natural Gas Technology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)(120 ECTS credits) is offered. It is targeted towards both Norwegian and international students, with a variety of disciplinary and cultural backgrounds. All courses are 7.5 ECTS credits and are lectured in English.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Natural Gas Technology
- Fluid Mechanics 2
- Viscous Flows and Boundary Layers
- Computational Heat and Fluid Flow
- Heat and Combustion Technology
- Turbo Machinery
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesMining, Oil & Gas Natural Resource Management View 5 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Norway
- A first degree (bachelor's) in a relevant field
- English proficiency
- Proof of financing for non-EU / non-EEA citizens
- All programmes require an average grade of C or better on the ECTS scale
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.