The English Linguistics and Language Acquisition programme from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is linked to one of the priority research areas at the Department of Language and Literature: Language and Cognition.
- This programme is especially suitable for those who want to become researchers in the field of language and linguistics, or for those who want to become teachers.
- Some of our previous students now work as lecturers at universities in their home countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme has 120 sp (ECTS) worth of components and has a normal length of study of four semesters (two years).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 10 other Masters in Language Studies in Norway
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.