Accounting and Finance professionals have central roles in all types and sizes of organisations whether in the UK or abroad.
The International Accounting and Finance course from London South Bank University offers a specialist pathway in accounting (linked to the ACCA Fundamentals papers), but also provides you with the opportunity to select modules in the areas of finance and strategy. This programme focuses on accounting and finance matters within an international context, addressing current challenges and issues faced by businesses and companies around the world.
You'll be provided with analytical and business-led tools that combine academic study with a pragmatic and well structured finance content for decision making (including the use of databases such as Bloomberg). The course also includes training in specialist software (SPSS and N-Vivo).
You'll take part in a residential weekend, exchanging experiences and discussing current events and specific problems affecting the accountancy and finance fields, with academics and a visiting practitioner.
You'll benefit from a wide range of extra-curricular activities including "Academic skills for Finance, Accounting and Governance" and Research Techniques, a range of Bloomberg Aptitude Tests, specialist visitor speakers, and expert symposiums and conferences.
There may be a possibility to undertake an optional work placement to enhance your employability skills and professional experience (subject to validation).
Graduates who possess a combination of an LSBU Masters degree and a professional accounting qualification are likely to be highly employable in senior positions in accounting and finance, not only in the UK but throughout the world. Excellent career opportunities exist in accounting and finance. Recent graduates have secured positions in accounting firms, industry, banking, finance and commerce.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creativity Enterprise and Innovation
- Curiosity, Creativity and Research
- Research in Action
- Management Consultancy in a Global Environment
- Audit Risk
- Corporate Financial Management
- Theories & Issues in Accounting and Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 571 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.1 degree in any subject from the UK or Bachelors degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper Division; or
- A 2.2 honours degree in a relevant subject area; or
- Other qualifications plus demonstrably relevant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9880 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.