Knowledge of biological processes will help facing challenges concerning the effects of climate change and pollution on biological diversity and ecosystem services.
The Master of Science in Biology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) will also help us to maintain the global food supply and improve human health and well-being.
These are all active areas of teaching and research in the Department of Biology at NTNU.
Our study programme gives students direct experience with current:
- molecular methods for cloning genes
- DNA sequencing for parentage analysis and genetic variation in wild populations
- analysis of complex genomic and metabolic networks
- physiological measurements in wild and captive organisms
- captive breeding and artificial selection
- field experiments on plants and animals in environments ranging from the arctic to the tropics
- theoretical modeling.
Our research labs support cutting-edge instrumentation. Field work can be based at our field stations on the Norwegian coast and in the Dovre Mountains, or as far away as Tanzania and Svalbard.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Ecology, Behaviour, Evolution and Biosystematics
- Biodiversity and Systematics (Nordic Masters)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Sciences View 3 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Norway
- A first degree (bachelor's) in a relevant field
- English proficiency
- Proof of financing for non-EU / non-EEA citizens
- All programmes require an average grade of C or better on the ECTS
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Trondheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.