As a teacher of Physical Education, you have a unique role in school in educating pupils through the physical. This involves teaching, enthusing and motivating them in ways that will enable them to participate in physical activity and sport both at school and for the rest of their lives.
Whether it is helping someone to demonstrate tactics, strategies and compositional ideas through a range of skills, having the confidence to analyse what they or someone else is doing and making suggestions about how it can be improved, describing the value of healthy, active lifestyles, or enabling pupils to confidently try an activity that they haven’t tried before, your teaching will leave a strong legacy.
The need for qualified, enthusiastic teachers with an understanding of the demands society places on young people has never been greater. The opportunity to educate children and young people, and learn from them in return, is immensely rewarding.
Careers and your future
A Brunel PGCE with recommendation for QTS is a recognised symbol of high quality Initial Teacher Education (ITE). This is demonstrated by Brunel’s outstanding employment rates over time and feedback from Brunel alumni student teachers, our partnership schools and Ofsted inspectors.
Brunel University London's Secondary Education (Physical Education) with Recommendation for QTS graduates have gone on to work in our partnership schools, and many in schools where they undertook a placement experience. This allows the department to retain links with former students and often they become school-based mentors for Brunel PGCE students. The department also has a network of alumni in positions of responsibility in schools across the country.
- The PGCE in Secondary Education (Physical Education) will equip you with a critical understanding of the issues that impact upon the education of children and young people as well as theory and practice in teaching, learning and assessment as you learn to specialise in the teaching of physical education.
- The course is structured to balance the taught elements with independent professional learning activities (PLAs) of which your placements will be a key part in relation to the Teachers’ Standards for Qualified Teacher Status.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Sports Sciences Secondary Education View 105 other Masters in Secondary Education in United Kingdom
Our conditions of entry to the PGCE Secondary Education programme require that applicants have:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the field in which you intend to teach. Normally this should be a 2.1 classification or above in preparation for Masters level professional study.
- Maths and English grades A* to C, or equivalent, at GCSE level.
International16825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16825 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.