The target group are students with a Bachelor’s degree in biological, computational or mathematical sciences who want to attain in-depth knowledge and hands-on skills in the crossroads of molecular biology, cell technology and bioinformatics, with a special emphasis on areas that have the potential to enhance human health. The courses are firmly grounded on international research and focus on transferring this knowledge into practice.
The Biomedical Technology programme from Tampere University offers you a unique learning environment that combines biosciences and technology with a specific focus on health. The study options are flexible and the teaching groups small. During the studies, you will build networks and interact with our world-class research teams that provide many practical training opportunities. As our graduate, you may work as an academic specialist within scientific research or teaching, or in research and development. Welcome to join our multidisciplinary, multinational expert community of biomedical sciences!
The programme provides students with broad knowledge and skills necessary for pursuing a successful career in the field of biomedical technology both in Finland and abroad. The employment opportunities are diverse. Our graduates have found work as experts in research and development in academic institutions as well as in private companies. Some work in sales and marketing and there is also a growing need for talented experts in the public sector and governmental institutions. Our graduates are also able to pursue a career in academia and continue their studies towards a PhD degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the Master’s Programme in Biomedical Technology, students choose one of three specialisation options: bioinformatics, molecular biology and cell technology.
- The student's educational background may limit the available options.
- At the beginning of the studies, each student makes an individual study plan and the specialisation option is chosen as part of this personal study planning (PSP) process.
- The teaching staff and the administrative personnel assist in the PSP process.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Genetics View 5 other Masters in Genetics in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits.
- Three to four years of full-time study. From a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. From a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.