At the Public Health programme of University of Worcester the philosophy is to create and develop professionals who are able to lead and implement change in public health globally. To fulfil this aim, the modules include relevant theoretical and ethical concepts to encourage students to reflect critically on decisions that arise in the field of public health.
- Public Health at Worcester is relevant to both the 'traditional' public health workforce and a wide range of 'allied' professionals seeking to enhance their ability.
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds gain knowledge in a wide range of contemporary public health practices including the NHS, private health care, allied health sciences and third sector organisations.
- The variety of modules on offer, enable students to choose either a broad based approach to public health, or to focus on UK practice, international public health or health and sustainability.
Where could it take you?
The course content is aligned with the guidelines for accreditation at the International level (W.H.O) European level (The European Agency for Accreditation in Public Health Education, APHEA) and the National level (The Faculty of Public Health and the UK Public Health Register). The course is aimed at the wider public health workforce and therefore the range of public health career opportunities is very diverse and will depend on whether you want to work for a local, national or international organisation.
Career opportunities include local, national and international NGOs, government health departments including the NHS, local authorities and policy departments at national government level, the World Health Organisation and the United Nations, and other private sector and third sector organisations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Health Improvement
- Public Health Leadership and Management
- Introduction to Research Methods in Public Health
- Public Health Project Module
- Global Health
- 15 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 763 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- As Public health is a multidisciplinary course, we accept a wide range of undergraduate degrees onto our MSc Public Health if they meet the entry criteria minimum of a 2.2.
- In your personal statement, we expect you to show a strong interest in Public Health, and to describe any relevant work experience you have in the health field.
- This might include current or past employment, voluntary work experience, undergraduate research projects or internships.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7080 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
- UK / EU, EEA: 590 GBP per 15 credits
- INTERNATIONAL: 1,142 GBP per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.