The Physical Acting programme from University of Kent explores:
- physical and vocal training processes for actors
- acting processes for performers
- autonomous and collaborative practice
- interdisciplinary approaches
It also equips you with the ability to document research practices in an appropriate form that is viewed as an integral part of the process and outcomes of this MA.
You have the opportunity to work with internationally respected physical theatre and training specialists, including Professor Paul Allain and Kent colleagues, as well as participate in a professional workshop on actor training by a visiting practitioner working within the tradition of European experimental theatre. You can participate fully in the activities of the Department’s very active research centre, the ‘European Theatre Research Network’.
Arts graduates have gone on to work in a range of professions from museum positions and teaching roles to working as journalists and theatre technicians. Our graduates have found work in Pinewood Studios, The National Theatre and other arts, culture and heritage-related organisations, in roles including editorial assistants and even stunt doubles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ensemble Devising and Performance
- Physical and Vocal Training for Actors
- Solo Acting:Composition and Performance
- Dissertation Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for applications from home/EU students, it is recommend to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 197 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class honours degree or better, usually in a relevant humanities subject. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path or who may have relevant experience in the industry. These cases are assessed individually by the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Your application should include a sample of your academic writing. Ideally this will be an essay, on a similar or related topic, that you have recently written as part of your undergraduate degree programme. Please upload this to your application portal.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU students - £12600
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.