Experts on analyzing data are needed for solving challenging data driven problems such as understanding of text documents, conversation and social media; creating intelligent search engines; finding data-driven insights into phenomena of society, economy and culture; creating data-driven solutions for medical and biological problems; and enabling self-driving cars and autonomous robots.
As a graduate of the Computing Sciences - Data Science program from Tampere University you will have knowledge and skills for data analytics and understand the overall data analytics process. Such analysts can be employed in analysis firms, as in-house analysts in companies producing big data, and in companies and organisations that gather and analyse public and private data, including government agencies, journalism, insurance, law enforcement, and finance, as well as in public and private research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The analysis of data has a central role in the modern information society.
- Organisations in both the public and private sector are collecting vast data sets, and an increasing amount of public sector data is made open.
- However, data - assumed to be an important asset for organisations - is useless unless it is analysed.
- Analysis is required to find regularities, such as trends or groupings, and to relate the data to other data sets within an organisation or in scattered online repositories.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 11 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an recognised institution of higher education
- The Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.