Discover how societies and cultures across the world are becoming increasingly connected.
You'll look into how social media impacts society on a global scale, and what this means for people's lives and identities.
You'll also develop advanced research skills to help you design studies, and interpret and critically evaluate data and findings.
Careers and skills
This broad-based Culture, Society and Globalization course from University of York is an ideal grounding for postgraduate students looking to go on to further study such as PhD or for a career in an international organisation, government organisations or the third sector. The communication and cultural knowledge developed will be highly valued by any organisation with international interests.
- Social research organisations and marketing
- Heritage and leisure
- Management and organisations, especially international companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture, Society and Globalisation: Theories and Developments
- Culture, Society and Globalisation: Inequalities and Practices
- Research Design
- Understanding Social Media
- Themes and Issues in Contemporary Sociology
- Social Media, Data and Society
- Conflict and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology View 644 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree in a relevant social sciences or humanities discipline. Candidates with other backgrounds and relevant experience may be admitted following an interview. Alternatively, we may accept a 2:2 undergraduate degree supported by at least one year of relevant work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (2 years)
- UK: £4,220
- International/EU: £9,350
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.