Take less of your time
The Master of Specialist Teaching from Massey Univesity is 180 credits. This means you can complete this qualification in three years of part-time study.
Evidence-based research project within work contexts
Studying the Master of Specialist Teaching will allow you to apply your knowledge and skills in diverse cultural contexts. You’ll undertake practice-based research and advanced study within your area of specialist teaching.
Flexible programme with multi-modal teaching
We combine a range of evidence-informed, culturally sustaining and 21st century learning options for all students. This includes digital and face-to-face pedagogical practices to make it easier for you to study from anywhere and to integrate your learning and practice. You can complete the 180-credit MSpecTchg in three years of part-time study.
Our qualification adopts an inquiry-based inter-professional model. So you will study alongside other types of specialist teachers to learn with, from and about each other within a broad community of practice. Your study will take place in a supportive and constructive learning environment led by highly qualified and respected experts in the field of inclusive education.
Your qualification options
Please note that the Master of Specialist Teaching does not qualify you to be a teacher in New Zealand. If you want to be a teacher, you will also need to take a postgraduate teaching qualification. Please explore your options in our education pathways tool.
- Professional Learning Pathways
- Community-based Practice
- Supervision and Mentoring in Specialist Teaching
- Additional Areas of Specialist Teaching
- Specialist Teaching Professional Inquiry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 19 other Masters in Education in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This programme is a selected entry programme. This means there are a number of extra requirements you must meet.
To enter the Master of Specialist Teaching you will have:
- been awarded or qualified for a completed degree from a New Zealand university with a minimum B grade average across the 300-level courses (or equivalent), and
- a relevant professional qualification, and
- at least two years relevant professional experience, or
- been awarded or qualified for a Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching (or equivalent) with a minimum B average.
- verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University
- a summary of any short or long-term disability including learning disability or heath issue that may affect your study.
- copy of your current curriculum vitae (including education and employment for at least the last five years)
National4322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4322 USD per year during 36 months.
National: 7,153 NZD International: Unavailable
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.