Massey is ranked in the world’s top 150 universities for education in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking.
The Master of Education in Early Years from Massey University is of particular value for early childhood educators and early years teachers, facilitators of early childhood professional development, tertiary teachers in early childhood education/early years programmes and other professionals involved in the education of young children from birth to eight.
This qualification builds upon prior knowledge and experience in early years educational settings and supports you to develop your understandings and teaching practices through engagement with research, theory and other professionals.
- Quality in Early Years Education
- Young Children and Their Families
- Children’s Play and Learning in a Goal-Directed Teaching Practice
- Advanced Studies on Learning in the Early Years
- Professional Leadership in Early Childhood Education
- Thesis Part
- Professional Inquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in early childhood/early years education or any other degree from a New Zealand university and an appropriate professional qualification.
- Applicants who do not hold an early childhood/early years or primary teaching qualification, should include with their enrolment application a statement on equivalent teaching experience with young children and how previous academic qualification/background is relevant to the study of early years education.
International19476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19476 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4276 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!