With a Massey Postgraduate Diploma in Arts - Sociology from Massey University you’ll ask challenging questions about how power structures function in the social world. You’ll study culture, ethnicity, class, inequality, gender, mass media, politics, environment, social change and individual and group interactions.
Your Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Sociology) will give you the knowledge and competencies you need to start your career as a policy analyst, researcher or community development organiser. You‘ll learn a range of intellectual and practical skills that will stand you in good stead in the job market.
- Current Issues and Theories
- Advanced Social Inquiry
- Sociology of Underdevelopment
- Culture and New Zealand Society
- Environmental Sociology
- Research Report
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology View 13 other Masters in Sociology in New Zealand
- You will have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree (or equivalent) with a major in Sociology.
- You will complete 120 credits of 700 level courses, selected from those listed on the programme schedule.
International19451 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19451 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4271 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.