The Social Policy programme is offered by the Massey University.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Social Policy) gives you advanced study of social policy while offering a pathway to Massey’s Master of Arts programme. Take a topic that captured your imagination as an undergraduate student in social policy and develop it fully through independent study.
Gain an understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural factors that influence the development, implementation and evaluation of social policy in Aotearoa New Zealand. You’ll study law, politics and the roles of central and local Government in a democratic society. This will give you insights into the relationships between the state, judiciary, legal system, political parties and public in shaping legislation and developing policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Economics and Social Policy
- Advanced Research Methods
- Maori Development and the Social Services
- Social Work with Migrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Disability Studies
- Disability, Consumer Rights and Advocacy
- Social Policy and Political Economy
- Social Policy Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work International Development View 6 other Masters in International Development in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in Social Policy
- You will have completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Social Policy, followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Social Policy
National4269 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4269 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- Not available for international students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.