The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology) at Massey University will build on your undergraduate psychology degree. You’ll study in more detail the thoughts, feelings and actions of individuals and groups in social and cultural contexts. Studying psychology will help you make sense of the human impact on the world.
Take your study of psychology further
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology) can also be your pathway to a higher research degree. You can combine it with a Master of Arts by thesis (120 credits). This will give you the coursework and research components for entry into programmes that lead to registration as a psychologist:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Practice.
Internationally recognised and market-leading in New Zealand.
Massey graduates more researchers and clinical psychologists than any other university in New Zealand. We’re connected to a wide range of community and statutory organisations, and produce unique and applied psychology research and training that’s recognised nationally and internationally. This expertise enhances the reputation of your degree and ensures your knowledge is relevant to today’s society.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology) will give you knowledge and skills relevant to a broad selection of applied psychology areas including clinical, health, education, community, and industrial and organisational psychology. These diverse options mean you can study what you’re most passionate about and carry that passion forward into your career.
The knowledge of human behaviour and interactions you’ll gain from a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology) will be useful in many careers including:
- human resources
- public health
- youth support
- rehabilitation psychology
- scientific research.
- Postmodernism and Psychology
- Applied Criminal Psychology
- Advanced Psychology of Women
- Child and Family Therapy
- Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Advanced Experimental Psychology
- Advanced Social Psychology
- Psychology and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 11 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology) you will have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in the intended postgraduate subject, or equivalent.
- You will need to have achieved a grade average in your bachelor degree that demonstrates an adequate level of preparation for the postgraduate programme. This normally means that a B- grade average or above is required.
- You will need to provide verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University.
International21554 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21554 USD per year during 12 months.
National4789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4789 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic students: $6,682.50 - $8,825.20
- International students: $31,010.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.