With a Postgraduate Diploma in Politics at Massey University you can further investigate topics in politics that have taken your interest.
Politics is exciting and relevant. It’s about contests for power and how we make decisions in society: who gets what, when and how, from the local community to the global level. It’s concerned with the conflict of ideas and values. It has to do with who governs, and how and why decisions that affect all of us (such as how much students should pay to study at university or whether the UN should sanction military interventions) are made.
At Massey, politics is taught in a small interdisciplinary programme where you have regular and close contact with academic staff. Your lecturers are active researchers in their respective fields. They are passionate about the subject matter they teach and bring that enthusiasm to the classroom.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Social Inquiry
- International Relations: Theory and Practice
- Presidents and Prime Ministers
- Political Communication
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology International Development View 10 other Masters in International Development in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in Politics
- You will have completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Politics, followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Politics
- You will have completed a Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts endorsed in Politics
International19482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19482 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6609 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6609 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.