With Massey’s Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Defence and Security Studies) you’ll develop enhanced and nuanced understanding of national, regional and international defence and security issues in a joint, interagency and multinational context. You’ll then be able to apply your knowledge and innovative thinking in a practical context as a leader in the defence and security sectors.
Your Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Defence and Security Studies) at Massey University will give you a broad knowledge, and the skills and experience to pursue a successful career in defence and security in New Zealand or internationally. Defence and security studies are a great choice for a career in:
- civil defence
- diplomacy and conflict resolution
- disaster relief
- policy analysis
- truce monitoring
- journalism and the media
- New Zealand National Security
- Command, Leadership and Management
- Theories in Defence and Security
- Economic and Environmental Security
- Intelligence in the International Security Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMilitary Science Philosophy & Ethics Informatics & Information Sciences View 5 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Defence and Security Studies) you will have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in the intended postgraduate subject, or equivalent.
- You will need to have achieved a grade average in your bachelor degree that demonstrates an adequate level of preparation for the postgraduate programme. This normally means that a B- grade average or above is required.
- You will need to provide verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University.
International21554 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21554 USD per year during 12 months.
National4789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4789 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic students: $6,682.50 - $8,825.20
- International students: $31,010.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.