With the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Counselling and Guidance) at Massey University you’ll develop knowledge in effective counselling and guidance practice and roles. Already in a counselling and guidance role? Considering moving into this field? This postgraduate diploma will advance your learning.
This diploma is also the first step if you’re thinking of taking the advanced professional qualification, Master of Counselling Studies. In doing so, you will gain professional membership to practise as a counsellor.
You’ll develop knowledge and abilities to prepare you to do research relevant to your existing or proposed practice and profession.
Your qualification options
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Counselling and Guidance) does not qualify you to be a teacher. Explore education study options at Massey and the qualification you need to become a teacher in our education pathways tool.
Our graduates normally work as counselling or guidance professionals or go on to further advanced studies to allow them to work in the counselling field.
- Counselling Theory
- Culture and Counselling
- Guidance in Education
- Family and Couples Counselling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSchool Counselling View 3 other Masters in School Counselling in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To enter the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Counselling and Guidance) you will:
- have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Education, or equivalent; or
- have been awarded or qualified for any other bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
- have been awarded or qualified for any other bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and have professional experience relevant to the intended postgraduate subject.
- You will need to provide verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University.
- You may be required to provide evidence of sufficient background experience.
- If you hold any other bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have no professional qualification in teaching you will need to provide a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) to support your application.
International21088 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21088 USD per year during 12 months.
National4889 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4889 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic students: $7,033.70
- International students: $30,340.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.