This International Development course at University of Bath combines the academic study of key international development issues with a comprehensive exploration of research methods and skills, and offers a detailed examination of current and applied international development research.
It supports the application of knowledge and skills to address contemporary research questions, and comprises a mix of faculty-wide research-based units and departmental disciplinary-based specialisations.
Recognition of professional qualifications
As well as being recognised as a higher academic qualification, a number of our degrees are also accredited by professional bodies in the United Kingdom. An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad (where there are reciprocating arrangements with professional bodies in other countries).
The requirements to practise a profession vary from country to country. If you wish to practise your profession outside the United Kingdom, you are advised to confirm that the UK professional qualification you seek is valid in the country in which you are intending to work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research apprenticeship project (MRes)
- Qualitative methods
- Principles and skills of social research
- Foundations of International Development for MRes
- Management of international development
- Contemporary issues in African development
- Global political economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 574 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in economics, history, geography, politics or international relations.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.