As a student of the Mining Production and Information Technology degree offered by the University of Arizona, you’ll complete advanced coursework that explores the operational systems used to drive efficient mining facilities around the world.
If you’re interested in developing your ability to find (or build) the right tool for the challenge at hand and use it effectively, the program can help you reach your goals. The program, designed and taught by leaders in the mining industry and accomplished UA faculty, consists of detailed courses in the applications, software, and advanced technologies used to shape the production process on a daily basis. The program closely examines technologies used to monitor mining environments, manage information, and recognize patterns in statistical data.
This program can also offer you the opportunity to complete hands-on training in various systems and gain insight into the systems engineering process, preparing you to create new platforms and structures that suit any situation. Upon graduation, you’ll be poised to use these principles to design and maintain large-scale earth-moving systems, analyze operational processes for financial concerns, and generate and use valuable modeling information to drive more efficient practices.
If, after graduating from the program, you decide to pursue the Master of Engineering in Mining and Geological Engineering, all of the credits earned during your certificate coursework are transferrable towards that credential.
The structure of the courses offered through the online Master of Engineering in Mining and Geological Engineering varies, with some offered in a live, interactive format and others offered in an asynchronous, on-demand structure. Additionally, some courses will run for the entire duration of a semester and other intensive, shorter courses will consist of anything from 2-3 days to 2 weeks of class time. This makes the program both flexible and dynamic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Equipment Operations Technology
- Management Operations Technology
- The Systems Engineering Process
- Applied Neural Network Computing
- Simulation Modeling & Analysis
- Engineering Statistics
- Operations Research Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Mining, Oil & Gas View 182 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in previous academic coursework
- Graduated from an accredited engineering bachelor’s program or have earned a degree in a related discipline (math, physics)
- Some courses may also require that students have completed specific prerequisites
- Specific or additional prerequisites will be required for Mining and Geological Engineering candidates dependent upon their backgrounds in STEM or other disciplines, such as those with an undergraduate degree in geology. Please contact an Admissions Counselor for details.
- Additionally, courses are available for students who need to strengthen their math skills.
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.