Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics degree offered by the University of Arizona, offered entirely online, provides in-depth insight into geological engineering and mining principles shaped and taught by experts in the industry and leading faculty.
As a student, you’ll examine the core technical and scientific principles that guide safe, geotechnical design and evaluation, gaining the competencies needed to navigate the excavation process. You’ll closely explore aspects of underground construction and stability analysis, learning to harvest raw materials while eliminating the hazards of subterranean ventures. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue an elective course in the area of study that interests you most, with topics ranging from mine ventilation and soil assessment to earth pressure theories.
The program is shaped by industry leaders to offer a relevant, rigorous exploration of advanced concepts in geological engineering. The curriculum is presented through interactive learning materials and projects, which makes the program a convenient means of professional development for those working full-time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Underground Construction Geomechanics
- The Mechanics of Failure in Rock and Other Brittle Materials
- Rock Excavation
- Soils Foundation Engineering
- Earth Structures
- Equipment Operations Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Geology View 34 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in previous academic coursework
- Graduated from an accredited engineering bachelor’s program or have earned a degree in a related discipline (math, physics)
- Some courses may also require that students have completed specific prerequisites
- Specific or additional prerequisites will be required for Mining and Geological Engineering candidates dependent upon their backgrounds in STEM or other disciplines, such as those with an undergraduate degree in geology. Please contact an Admissions Counselor for details.
- Additionally, courses are available for students who need to strengthen their math skills.
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.