The rapid growth of digital collections and online services has led to a shortage of information professionals who possess the technical knowledge and learning skills needed to create and manage digital collections in a fast-changing environment. The DigIn graduate certificate program helps fill this gap by combining intensive, hands-on technology learning with a thorough grounding in the theoretical principles needed to manage large, complex digital collections. The curriculum takes a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to manageming digital information and is designed to support a wide range of career paths, espeicially involving libraries, museums, archives, records management, and data curation. DigIn also offers a path for those with undergraduate degrees who are interested in digitial collections but who may not yet be ready to commit to a full degree program. The certificate consists of six 14-week graduate-level courses to be taken within three years. Students can begin the program in the Summer, Fall or Spring semesters each year.
The Digital Information Management degree offered by the University of Arizona provides students with the theoretical knowledge, conceptual frameworks and practical skills required to create, maintain and curate collections of digital information in libraries, archives and records management departments.
Through a combination of required courses and electives chosen to augment and extend the student’s knowledge of digital information management in his/her areas of career interest, students will:
- Understand the conceptual approaches to collection creation, curation and management underlying digital libraries, digital archives and digital records management, including how they are similar and how they differ;
- Understand the issues in designing, developing, organizing, providing access, and preserving digital collections in the domain of the student’s choice;
- Understand the elements of technological practice underpinning digital libraries, digital archives and digital records management;
- Have practice experience in digital collection creation and curation.
- Evaluation in coursework, reflected in grades, assesses the achievement of these outcomes. The capstone course includes an electronic poster integrating academic knowledge with the practical experience of the internship.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Digital Collections
- Introduction to Applied Technology
- Managing the Digital Information Environment
- Preserving Digital Collections
- Advanced Digital Collections
- Digital Information Management Capstone
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- No interaction at all
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems View 47 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
- The coursework competency requirements for graduate UA Online students vary. Start by exploring our programs to determine your admissions requirements.
- A completed application form
- Payment of application fee
- Official high school/college transcript(s)
- Submit your transcript(s)
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.