Who is suited for this program?
This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
What will I learn?
This certificate program covers:
- Key software engineering principles, methods and frameworks, including process models, agile and lean principles, project and risk management, estimation, modeling, system and software architecture, design patterns, and quality systems.
- Hands-on experience in managing database systems as an essential organizational resource.
- Development of large software systems and the integration of multiple systems into a domain dependent solution.
- Modern techniques and methods employed in the development of large software systems, including a study of each of the major activities during the lifetime of a software system, from conception to obsolescence and replacement.
- Software management technique, various software costing techniques including COCOMO and ROI, team organization and management, and various methods of software development including Cleanroom and Agile.
- System Analysis and Design
- Software Design and Production Methodology
- Enterprise Database Management
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Project Management
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, Local
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesComputer Science & IT Electrical Engineering Software Engineering View 35 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- If your most recent degree was earned at a school outside the United States, you must submit GRE scores as part of your application for admission. Additionally, the following graduate programs require the GRE for all applicants: applied physics, architecture, biology, infrastructure planning, materials science.
- All full-time applicants pursuing a degree in Newark College of Engineering also require a GRE.
- The GMAT or GRE is required for all applicants to graduate programs within the Martin Tuchman School of Management.
International30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State20624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20624 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!