Many companies collect reams of data about their customers and their transactions, but must drill through these repositories of data to unearth crucial insights and knowledge about customer behavior and market trends. The Data Mining program is offered by New Jersey Institute of Technology.
In this program you’ll gain 12 credits that can be applied to NJIT master’s programs, and learn:
- The fundamentals of relational database technology, concurrency, and recovery
- Methods of database design and conceptual modeling
- The principles of information-retrieval system design
- Techniques essential for building text databases, document-processing systems, office automation systems, and other advanced information management systems
- And more in two elective courses
The graduate certificate’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to earn the certificate entirely through online courses, so you can more easily fit it into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors of the Department of Computer Science.
- Data Management System Design
- Data Mining
- JAVA Programming
- Information Retrieval
- Transaction Mining and Fraud Detection
- Web Mining
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Data Analytics for Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, Local
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesComputer Science & IT Informatics & Information Sciences View 169 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- If your most recent degree was earned at a school outside the United States, you must submit GRE scores as part of your application for admission. Additionally, the following graduate programs require the GRE for all applicants: applied physics, architecture, biology, infrastructure planning, materials science.
- All full-time applicants pursuing a degree in Newark College of Engineering also require a GRE.
- The GMAT or GRE is required for all applicants to graduate programs within the Martin Tuchman School of Management.
International30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State20624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20624 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Student Financial Aid Services (SFAS) at NJIT is committed to providing you with every opportunity to obtain funding to support your undergraduate educational costs at NJIT.
From scholarships and grants—which never need to be repaid—to borrowed money, our generous undergraduate financial aid packages put an NJIT education within even closer reach than ever. More than 72 percent of incoming undergrads receive financial aid, and, for the 2012–2013 academic year, awards ranged from $500 to $31,000, with the average undergraduate financial aid package totaling close to $16,356. (For information about graduate financial support, click here.) The Office of Student Financial Aid Services awards approximately $100 million in financial aid to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!