In Benedictine University's our experiential program in Public Health, you work with distinguished, practice-based faculty and gain real experience in research, analysis, policy, and management through hands-on coursework and an internship.
To sharpen your skill set further, you also have the option to earn one of three career-focused graduate certificates in an area of public health along with your M.P.H., in the same amount of time it takes to earn your degree.
Why Choose The Master of Public Health?
Your decision to return to school is a serious undertaking. In our own commitment to service, we do everything we can to remove barriers to earning a quality education.
The M.P.H. program is:
- Flexible. This program gives you the option to learn either 100% online or on campus. As an online student, you can study whenever and wherever works best for you while you continue to work full-time. And it's possible to complete your internship where you work now.
- Attainable. You can earn your M.P.H. in less than two years or take up to 6 years to complete the degree. Request a GRE waiver if you have an advanced degree or a minimum GPA of 2.75 in your undergrad degree.
- Supportive. You have a full-time academic advisor, financial aid advisors, virtual career services, and around-the-clock access to the help desk. You can even chat with an on-campus librarian to help you conduct research.
- Experiential. You graduate with hands-on experience in research, policy, technologies, management and more.
- Career-Focused. Earn one of three career-based graduate certificates in the same time it takes you to earn the degree, or take a more broad-based approach to learning.
- Respected. You're joining an established and distinguished public health graduate program that's one of the largest of its kind in Illinois.
- Rooted in Excellence. Our CEPH accreditation guarantees we teach you how to achieve excellence in practice, research and service through collaboration with organization and community partners.
Benedictine's online Masters in Public Health (MPH) degree program, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), provides you with the essential tools to lead organizations, agencies and companies that deal with the vital issue of public health, such as improving access to health care and controlling infectious disease.
- Data Analytics for Public Health
- Health Behavior Theory
- Environmental Health
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research in Public Health
- Health Systems, Law and Policy
- Biological Aspects of Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. The online Master of Public Health offers six sessions per year.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Sciences View 579 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Students are eligible to enroll in a certificate program if they have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements may be admitted on a provisional basis.
International17200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Benedictine University is proud to announce the Student Success Award, an honor that recognizes the hard work and commitment of adult learners. New students starting in select online degree programs are eligible for a tuition award from $4,000 to $10,000 for a limited time.
The Student Success Award is designed to reward hard working students for their commitment to advanced learning. Offering the award near the end of the program emphasizes our goal of supporting each student along the journey from admission to graduation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.