Health informatics is the science of evaluating, implementing and utilizing technology to manage all information related to the patient care delivery process: clinical, financial, technological and enterprise-wide. Three major components comprise the health informatics discipline:
- Information Systems: focuses on such issues as information systems analysis, design, implementation, management and leadership
- Informatics: concerned with the study of structure, function and transfer of information, socio-technical aspects of health computing and human-computer interaction
- Information Technology: focuses on computer networks, database and systems administration, security and programming.
The informatics field also draws contributions from computer science, the clinical sciences, social and organizational influences and business practices.
- Reconcile the needs of clinical and non-clinical users of health information systems utilizing workflow analysis, systems analysis and project management principles
- Analyze collected data of health information systems, utilizing principles of data mining, statistics and clinical analytics
- Manage the implementation of health information systems in multiple health care venues using principles of organizational dynamics and change management
- Facilitate communication between clinical and non-clinical users of health information systems
- Successfully obtain the credential of Certified Associate in Health Information Systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Informatics Management
- Legal Issues in Health Informatics
- Health Information Systems
- Health Records Management
- Clinical Analytics
- Human Factors and Usability in Health Informatics
- Standardized Terminologies in Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Informatics View 122 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA1 on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26100 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26100 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.