This graduate certificate program is for community-oriented professionals in the public and private sectors who are seeking practical tools and a holistic understanding of sustainable community-based development.
By working on current, local projects that demand initiative, originality and leadership, you will gain the applied and theoretical expertise necessary for resolving complex community challenges.
The residency also creates the opportunity to apply place-based evidence decision-making, improving your ability to effectively facilitate sustainable community development.
Upon completion of this six-month graduate certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply principles and practices to increase resiliency, innovation and transformation on the path to sustainability;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to analyze applied research challenges or opportunities from an interdisciplinary perspective;
- Gather, select and interpret appropriate quantitative and qualitative data to critically assess and evaluate issues using a systems lens;
- Critically analyze, interpret and evaluate sustainable community development issues and scenarios, and recommend effective resolutions and strategies;
- Work with comprehensive tools to support community success in planning, decision-making and successful implementation;
- Apply principles and practices to build community engagement, capacity, collaboration and positive outcomes in varied contexts;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative across systems thinking and critical thinking; and
- Apply experience and theory for practical, effective community development solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Principles of Sustainable Community Development
- Applied Community Development - Case Studies
- Sustainable Community Development Collaboratory
- Academic Integrity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSociology Sustainable Development Public Policy View 26 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Normally, at least three years of relevant, full-time work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8339 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8339 CAD for the full programme and a duration of .
National6661 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6661 CAD for the full programme and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.