The Criminology and Criminal Justice program from Kent State University prepares graduates as next-generation leaders in this complex, global, and interconnected field. The flexible online program is structured to fit the lives of full-time working professionals.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of criminological theory by using it to better understand crime and criminal behavior, pose and attempt to answer research questions and see its connection to crime policy.
- Demonstrate mastery of the significant empirical findings in the major areas of criminology and criminal justice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the use of the scientific method in the study of crime, a practical understanding of research methods used in the field and a practical understanding of statistics in social science research.
- Develop basic skills in planning and conducting research projects, including evaluation research in particular.
- Describe the role of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and social class as they relate to crime and victimization.
- Effectively communicate criminological knowledge and write a clear and concise analysis of issues, policies and research in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intelligence and National Security
- Law, Justice and Society
- Theories of Crime and Delinquency
- Research Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Justice Institutions
- Prose-minar Capstone: Issues in Contemporary Justice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 74 other Masters in Criminology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably academic)
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22300 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National22300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22300 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.