In a broader sense, it also includes the education of patients and their families within those same facilities. While it can also refer in some circumstances to the education of the public regarding specific health conditions or on health and healthy behaviors in general, it is not the same as the field of Public Health (and this degree does not address those needs as well as an MPH would).
The Medical Education (Curriculum and Instruction) program offered by the University of Cincinnati is designed to provide advanced training in teaching & learning and educational research skills to faculty, staff, and allied health professionals who are involved in precepting or teaching activities and/or medical education research so that they may improve their curricula and teaching methodologies as well as further the knowledge of the field.
The program is offered through a joint partnership of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services (CECH). The faculty at Cincinnati Children's Hopsital Medical Center comprise the entirety of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine's Department of Pediatrics. It is open to all fields and specialties.
In general, this program is for those who are (1) already working within healthcare, (2) currently in or just starting a career track in the medical education field, (3) in some type of a teaching institution, and (4) seeking to further their skills and knowledge and/or improve their curricula and programs. It is not a program for those with no experience in the field or looking to get into the field from outside of medicine or healthcare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Field Experiences Practicum
- Educational Research for Masters Students
- Curriculum Development & Evaluation in Medical Education
- Attitude Formation and Change in Medical Education
- Human and Adult Learning in Medical Education
- Application of Instructional Design and Technology in Medical Education
- Master's Project: Curriculum and Instruction
- Statistical Data Analysis I
- Measurement and Assessment
- Qualitative Research Methods I
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation View 1018 other Masters in Education in United States
- Current involvement in medical education or just starting career track in medical education
- Strong English reading and writing skills
- Completion of the online Graduate School application, including application fee. Please see specific instructions on our website at www.cincinnatichildrens.org/masters.
- Your current CV or resume
- An admission essay
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation
- Transcripts of undergraduate, medical, and/or prior graduate work
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26644 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26644 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14902 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.