University of Cincinnati's graduates from the Health Informatics program are well prepared to improve patient care, quality, efficiency, safety and population health through the use of information technology and systems. Integrated into the operations of all modern health care organizations, health informatics practice includes the people, processes, technology, and systems required to acquire, store, retrieve, optimize and use health information. Informatics is a natural transition for those in health-oriented occupations including medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, occupational therapy, and medical research. It is also a good fit for tech-savvy and technology-focused occupations related to information systems. Some professions that could thrive in the realm of health informatics include systems analysts, software developers, data analysts, information scientists, programmers, system administrators, and information security analysts.
Good oral and written communicators, technical, detail-oriented, ethical, critical thinkers.
- Project Manager
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Chief Nursing Informatics Officer
- System Analyst
- Health Data Analytics Specialist
- Health Data Warehouse Specialist
- Health Informatics Consultant
- Testing Specialist
- Usability Specialist
- Implementation Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Database Designer
- Workflow analyst
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Privacy and Security Compliance Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Healthcare and Public Health Landscape
- Health Informatics, Information Systems and Technology
- Vocabularies, Terminology, Knowledge Discovery andRelated Health Information Technology Standards
- Health Information Legislation, Privacy and Security
- Workflow Process Analysis, System Development, Human Factors and Usability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Informatics View 78 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- graduate admissions application (online)
- hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher) from a college or university regarded as standard by a regional or general accrediting agency, and have at least a B average in undergraduate course work
- there is a $5 surcharge for international applications.
International30404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15202 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15202 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State29804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14902 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.