The Health Administration degree program offered by the University of Cincinnati will prepare students to assume health care leadership roles within health care organizations and institutions, health care systems and teams.Based upon the mission of this program, the goals for the program are:
- To allow students whose professional and personal situations, such as location, employment and other factors, to learn in a manner consistent with their needs through the use of an asynchronous online-learning model
- To educate MHA students in the knowledge, skills and competencies of health care leadership and management allowing them to build and advance in their chosen field
- To provide a value-driven and socially responsible educational experience which promotes leadership excellence through quality improvement, inter professional team development, cultural competency and the building and sustenance of healthy communities.
- To stimulate a commitment to intellectual curiosity, life-long learning and innovation
CareerAccording to the BLS, average salaries for health administrators can range from $50,000 to $144,000, depending on education, experience, geographic area, job title and type of occupational setting. The median annual wage in May 2015 was $94,500.The BLS projects the health care industry to grow by 19% between 2014 and 2024, adding more than 2.3 million jobs, more than any other industry. In 2013 there were more than 15.8 million jobs in health care in the U.S.Positions for new graduates with a master’s in health administration span the full spectrum of operational functions in a health care setting. Management and leadership roles can often be found in:
- Government relations
- Human resources
- Information systems
- Marketing and public affairs
- Material management
- Medical staff relations
- Nursing administration
- Patient care services
- Planning and development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Systems Management 1: Organization & Delivery
- Health Systems Management 2: Principles of Leadership
- Global Health Systems
- Health Care Finance 1: Analysis
- Health Care Finance 2: Decision Making
- Health Care Marketplace 1: Health Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHealth Management View 187 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- graduate admissions application (online)
- hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher) from a college or university regarded as standard by a regional or general accrediting agency, and have at least a B average in undergraduate course work
- there is a $5 surcharge for international applications.
International769 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 769 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National769 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 769 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State754 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 754 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.