Lewis University's online Master of Science in Public Safety Administration teaches the vital skills to navigate and address the complex challenges of public safety while confidently leading and communicating with authorities in times of crisis. Students will also develop a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals involved in emergency management and response, public safety, environmental protectionand more.Program Outcomes
Upon graduating from Lewis' online M.S. in Public Safety Administration program, you'll be prepared to:
- Critically analyze issues associated with decision making, communication and conflict resolution that impact organizational behavior.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership theories, concepts, and practices as related to the effective management of organizations.
- Discern principles and theories of motivation that relate to employee performance and behavior within organizations.
- Formulate creative responses to complex issues through critical analysis.
- Model ethical and professional behaviors to guide inquiry and practice in a global and diverse society.
- Synthesize theoretical and research concepts from multiple perspectives to inform inquiry and practice.
- Systematically examine principles and values of managing diversity within organizations.
- Expand your skills in creative thinking and innovative problem-solving
- Communicate effectively within your department, outside agencies and the public
- Learn to develop new leaders within your organization
- Successfully manage complex budgets, allocate resources and analyze data
Receive a first-class, real-world education from experienced and connected practitioner faculty actively serving on the front lines of public safety leadership. Our faculty is strengthening leadership in the public sector by helping to shape the next generation of public safety executives. Enroll in an online public safety administration degree program taught by leaders in the field who bring decades of combined professional experience in such areas as correctional facility management, law enforcement administration, and public safety human resources development.Career Opportunities for Public Safety Professionals
Lewis University's online Master's in Public Safety Administration is designed to help those who are preparing to manage police, fire, emergency medical services, law enforcement services and other public safety occupations in our society. The online program is ideal for students interested in challenging yet rewarding leadership career opportunities in the public safety field, such as chief security officer, emergency management coordinator, homeland security officer, loss prevention manager and natural disaster response administrator.
This master’s degree program can prepare you for any number of high-paying public safety administration jobs, and the convenience and flexibility of the program’s online distance learning format means you can develop the skills needed for leadership in the public sector without sacrificing your current work or family duties.
A sample of the courses you will take to prepare you for management or executive-level careers in public safety include:
- Public Safety Administration and Management – This course provides a study of public safety management theories, methodologies and practices, as well as an examination of the responsibilities of public safety managers.
- Public Safety Law and Civil Liability – This course provides an in-depth examination of the relationship between law and public safety, as well as a study of the liability of public safety personnel.
- Public Safety Administration Incident Command – This course examines the roles and responsibilities of fire, police and EMS, how different public safety departments work together in response to emergency scenarios and how public safety directors coordinate complex response efforts.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Public Law View 130 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
All candidates for admission must possess a bachelor’s degree in aviation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or in a major in a related field. Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated area but have work experience in aviation and/or transportation industries may also apply. The applicant’s overall undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. In special cases, the GPA may be calculated on the most recent 60 semester hours of coursework. Additionally, applicants must submit:
- A completed application (along with a nonrefundable application fee).
- Academic transcripts from each institution attended.
International575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!