The online program will instill within you an advanced understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to critically analyze and ethically address the complex issues in contemporary society that criminal justice professionals are tasked with every day.Program Outcomes
Upon earning your masters in criminal justice, you'll be prepared to:
- Apply organizational and management theory to effectively manage personnel and efficiently allocate resources in the delivery of criminal justice services.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically about issues relating to crime and justice in contemporary society and apply creative solutions to address and resolve those issues.
- Recognize how professional and ethical thinking are essential to building both a successful career and elevating the stature of criminal justice as a profession.
- Recognize the preeminence of social justice, the responsibility for safeguarding human rights, and personal stewardship of social justice in all professional endeavors.
- Work collaboratively with fellow practitioners and the community to jointly achieve common goals.
There are many online criminal justice graduate programs to choose from, so it’s important you select the one that will have the biggest and most direct impact on your career—and now that you’ve found Lewis University, your search is over. Here are some reasons to earn your online MS in Criminal Justice from Lewis University :
- Recently Named the #1 Best Private School for Vets in the state of Illinois, as well as ranked in the Top 2 Nationally among private schools by Military Times.
- Lewis University is proud to be a recognized Military Friendly School and member of the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program
- Our program teaches students diverse skills needed to excel in the fields of criminal justice administration, law enforcement, corrections, juvenile justice and homeland security
- The online Criminal Justice Master’s degree is identical to the degree offered on campus and taught by the same world-class faculty
- This robust graduate program does not repeat topics but instead builds upon the skills you’ve learned in the field and during your undergraduate criminal justice studies
- Graduates will join the legacy of Lewis University’s distinguished criminal justice alumni community, including former Secret Service Agent Tim McCarthy and Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department Charles H. Ramsey
Lewis University's online M.S. in Criminal Justice will give you the knowledge and skills needed to protect your community and become an advocate for social justice. The online program is ideal for students interested in a challenging, yet rewarding career in positions, such as a:
- Corrections Officer
- CIA Agent
- Deputy Sheriff
- ICE Agent
- Police Officer
- Probation Officer
- Secret Service Agent
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
I. Core Courses
- Criminal Justice Administration and Management
- Fiscal Management - Criminal Justice Agencies
- Research Methods
- Fair Practices - Labor Relations in the Public Sector
- Criminal Procedure
- Criminal Law
- Family Violence
- White Collar Crime
- Homeland Security/Defense
- Correctional Counseling and Rehabilitation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Role of Law Enforcement in Homeland Security/Defense
- Comparative Justice Systems
- Police Civil Liability
- Issues of Juvenile Crime
III. Comprehensive Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 100 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
All candidates for admission must possess a bachelor’s degree in aviation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or in a major in a related field. Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated area but have work experience in aviation and/or transportation industries may also apply. The applicant’s overall undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. In special cases, the GPA may be calculated on the most recent 60 semester hours of coursework. Additionally, applicants must submit:
- A completed application (along with a nonrefundable application fee).
- Academic transcripts from each institution attended.
International575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.