Lewis University's online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Higher Education – Student Services will help you take your career in postsecondary education to the next level and enable you to make a lasting, positive impact on the students you work with. Acquiring new skills in planning and organization will ensure that you enjoy a long and successful career in the student services field.
The program delves into the skills needed to effectively manage student services, advising and assisting traditional and non-traditional students through courses related to higher education organizational leadership, such as:
- The higher education mission and the institution-student relationship, along with relevant laws, standards and ethics
- Planning, scheduling, staffing, and budgeting of student services programs using the Bryson model of strategic planning
- Serving a culturally and demographically diverse student body, including non-traditional and international students
- Effective team development and management to create a staff that anticipates and meets students' needs
The value of an advanced education and expertise is understood and appreciated in higher education, so a master's degree is a significant advantage for those seeking these types of non-academic-related positions in the postsecondary education field. In fact, many of these roles require individuals to hold a master's.
Careers in Student Services
Coordinating student services that fulfill students’ needs and expectations is becoming increasingly complex. The average student body is ever more diverse with demand for higher education growing in every sector of society. Specialized training in higher education student services will prepare you to fulfill any number of roles within a college or university’s student affairs departments.
A career in student services means combining superior organizational skills with a talent for communication and a passion for serving others. College can be an exciting, confusing, and stressful time for many students. Developing ways to help them make a smooth transition to college life can make a big difference in student success, retention, and graduation rates.
- Leadership: Theories, Practices and Context
- Assessing Leadership Skills
- Leading Change
- Ethics, Integrity and Social Responsibility
- Conflict Management
- Psychology of Motivation
- Workplace Research: Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Principles of Higher Education; Mission and Directions
- Systems and Services in Higher Education
- Planning Strategically
- Adult Development: Learning Models and Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour View 575 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
All candidates for admission must possess a bachelor’s degree in aviation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or in a major in a related field. Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated area but have work experience in aviation and/or transportation industries may also apply. The applicant’s overall undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. In special cases, the GPA may be calculated on the most recent 60 semester hours of coursework. Additionally, applicants must submit:
- A completed application (along with a nonrefundable application fee).
- Academic transcripts from each institution attended.
International695 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 695 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National695 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 695 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!