At the University of Bridgeport, The Master’s in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MS-TCM) is a 4 year, 145.5 credit, 3395 hour program.
The Master’s in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MS-TCM) offers comprehensive training in Chinese Herbal Medicine and acupuncture to prepare graduates to provide their patients the full range of the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The program expands upon the curriculum offered in the Master's in Acupuncture by adding training in herb theory, dispensary practice and clinical herbal training.
For those who pursue this program, in the first year you will study basic theory, acupuncture concepts and biomedicine.In the second year you will gradually begin your herbal studies. You will begin a survey of the traditional Chinese Materia Medica, which encompasses over 300 individual herbs. This herbal training continues alongside your acupuncture training and acupuncture clinical internship in your third year. In this phase you will continue to explore individual herbs and 150 formulas.You will finish your education with classes in clinical applications of Chinese medicine including dietetics, acupuncture/moxibustion and herbal formulae and a herbal clinic concentration in the fourth and final year.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing the four examinations to identify Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) diagnoses
- Formulate and skillfully implement the safe and effective clinical application of Chinese medicine modalities based upon a total assessment of the patient
- Adapt diagnosis and treatment strategies as needed for diverse patient populations
- Evaluate patient care from biomedical, pharmacological, and Asian perspectives in order to understand the medical context in which patients present, make appropriate treatment and consultation decisions in various healthcare settings as part of a collaborative health care team, and make timely referrals when appropriate
- Value patients’ dignity and confidentiality
- Apply knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient-centered care in a variety of settings in order to optimize patient health and coordinate care with other healthcare practitioners
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory
- Traditional Chinese Diagnosis
- Traditional Chinese History and Philosophy
- Meridian Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 1518 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (120 completed semester hours) from an accredited institution or a recognized international institution
- Required cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in the science prerequisites
- Application and application fee
- Official transcripts for undergraduate course work to the Office of Admissions
International23381 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 USD per credit during 48 months.
National23381 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.