Much of what is covered in the interactive classroom is based on timely and relevant frontline research findings, not the latest fad on the best sellers list. In fact, the Broad College Management Department faculty has been recognized for more than six years as the most productive researchers in top management journals.
Michigan State University’s Master of Science degree in Science in Management, Strategy and Leadership is built on the latest thinking in management, strategy and leadership. U.S. News & World Report ranks the program in the top 20 of its Best Online Graduate Business Program ranking. The curriculum incorporates useful and practical knowledge balanced across key components of leadership excellence: human resource management and development, team and organizational leadership, and strategic management.
The MS in Management, Strategy and Leadership is designed for passionate, hardworking, team-oriented professionals looking to maximize their potential in managing people and leading organizations. Unlike an MBA, which usually provides broad-based business knowledge focusing specifically on the core business disciplines of accounting, marketing, finance and operations, this degree program hones in on the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and motivate people while developing “big-picture” strategies.
- Competitive and Business Strategy
- Developing Managerial Skills
- Strategic Decision Making
- Human Resource Management for General Managers
- International Management
- Managing the Learning Organization
- Leadership and Team Management
- Creating an Ethical Organization
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Staffing
- 20 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Strategic Management View 139 other Masters in Strategic Management in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA)
- A cumulative GPA includes all credits and points earned for an entire bachelor’s degree. This may incorporate credits and points earned from multiple institutions if credit was awarded from more than one institution.
- A high degree of potential for advancement to an organizational leadership role
- Important personal and managerial attributes, such as intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, maturity, openness to new ideas and change, leadership qualities, analytical thinking ability, perseverance, and an ability to lead and work in teams
- At least three years full-time managerial experience in a supervisory role
- Background knowledge of and exposure to word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 20 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 20 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.