The mission of the University of Bridgeport Physician Assistant Institute is to develop clinicians with: dedication to patients; commitment to life-long education; respect for the profession; a global perspective on health care; volunteerism as a professional core value and an integrative approach to practice for the benefit of all patients.
Our program was started in 2011 to address the need for more PA’s in the health system and to offer a preventative approach to medicine. Our 28 month schedule, January start date, small class size, cadaver lab, and integrative medicine approach are what make our program special. We are a diverse faculty that emphasizes community service and global health which can be seen throughout our curriculum.
We have had great success with our students as they have scored above the national average for the past 4 years, greater than 95% are full time practicing PA’s. More than 75% of alumni surveyed were employed within the first month of graduation and nearly all were employed within 3 months. Many alumni are working in Connecticut and the surrounding areas in hospitals as well as doctors’ offices. While the most popular fields are surgery and family medicine, we have some alumni working in dermatology, cardiology, medical ICU, neonatal ICU and plastic surgery.
- To develop motivated, high quality graduates dedicated to self- discovery and self-assessment and committed to the application of critical thinking and analysis of research in order to utilize best practices in patient care.
- To develop highly competent physician assistants as evidenced by the ability to transfer knowledge from the classroom and rotation experience to graduate clinical performance through.
- To develop a solid professional value system, committed to life-long learning, professional development and advocacy for the profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy I with Lab
- History and Physical Exam I with Lab
- Clinical Medicine
- Integrative Medicine & Practice
- Global Health and Preventive Medicine
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 184 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Complete the Healthcare Experience section on the CASPA application to document patient care experience.
- On campus interview by invitation only
International27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 36 months.
National27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.